Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"On the Wright Path"


    Coming to college was one of the biggest decisions I have made thus far in life, but chosen the “Wright” one to attend was much more difficult. Growing up I was always told, “Without an education you want make it anywhere.” I must say like any other kid, I looked right passed it and did not take heed to this quote until my high school years. 
My senior year of high school was the most anticipated. I had passed all of my OGT’s except he science one. This was much discouragement, because I thought I was not going to be able to attend any university. I began filling out college applications, and making college trips to make sure it was a fit for me. My top three schools were The Ohio state university, Benedict College, and The University of Cincinnati. Wright state was not in my mind at this time, even though I did make a trip here to see the school, I just had no intentions on coming.
 Toward the middle of January, I had sent all of my applications off and was waiting on replies. This is when I looked more into Wright State. One of my teachers said to me “don’t limit yourself; you can go anywhere you please with the right mind set.” I thought about it and applied. My high school class wasn’t that big and I attended a charter school, so my chance was limited, I thought. Three days later after sending my application off I got an acceptance letter. I was more than excited, and I was the first one out of my class to be accepted into any University. I thought then maybe this is where god is telling me I need to go. I said to myself if I get another sign, I am not wasting any time, this is where I will be going. A week later, I received an academic scholarship. Bingo, I knew it was too good to be true.
The reason why I choose Wright State University is because I felt as of everything played itself out, and god answered my prayers and directed me here. The business problem is excellent, which is what my intended major is. I did get into the other school; I just was not offered as much as Wright state offered me.  


1 comment:

  1. What an awesome testimony! Congrats on your academic scholarship! Stay focused and keep up your grades; you're on the Wright path.

    ReplyDelete